history of coast cultural alliance|
basis for unity
purpose - constitution & bylaws
what do arts contribute
how to contact us
A Non-profit society established 1998|
Vision - The Coast Cultural Alliance is a network of arts, cultural and heritage groups and individuals working to enhance the economic vitality of the Sunshine Coast through cultural sector development and cultural tourism.
Mission - To encourage and participate in the development of employment and business opportunities for the arts, cultural and heritage sectors on the Sunshine Coast.
Values - In order to maintain the apolitical, nonpartisan and respectful intent of alliance, the Coast Cultural Alliance will be governed by a set of guidelines defined as the Basis for Unity.
BASIS FOR UNITY
back to top
Cultural services are an essential component in our community's standard of living and economic well-being. The Coast Cultural Alliance will facilitate and encourage community Arts and Culture involvement and economic development by providing and coordinating cultural opportunities. We seek to encourage and support individuals and organizations to develop their full potential in their chosen endeavors. The Coast Cultural Alliance will represent all segments of our community equally, and without bias.
- We seek to support existing services on the Sunshine Coast, and to assist new endeavors.
- We provide nonjudgmental support for all the arts and culture on the Sunshine Coast.
- We do not get politically involved or take sides in any issues. As an organization we are apolitical and non-partisan.
- We do not necessarily represent the values or politics of either our sponsors, members or clients.
- We do reserve the right to warn that a work may be offensive to some and the right not to support work that is in contravention of the Canadian Criminal Code.
- We also believe that each person involved with the CCA as a member, volunteer, staff or board member:
--can make a unique contribution to the CCA and will be given the opportunity to do so.
-- must respect the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the CCA;
-- will endeavour to work cooperatively with each other in furtherance of the CCA's goal of a successful arts economy and strong and healthy arts and culture community.
- We will practice cooperative problem-solving, respect for individual differences and mutual support in the day-to-day activities of the CCA.
- We understand that as the CCA grows, this Basis For Unity may also grow and change but its importance to the alliance will always remain vital.
back to top
The Coast Cultural Alliance was established in 1998 as a non-profit society to enhance the arts and cultural tourism economies of the Sunshine Coast and to project a single, strong voice for local culture. The Alliance includes groups and individuals from the visual, performing, literary, and media arts on the Sunshine Coast.
Through nonpartisan collaboration, partnerships and representation, all arts groups and individuals may participate in such services as:
In order to maintain the apolitical, nonpartisan and respectful intent of alliance, the Coast Cultural Alliance will be governed by a set of guidelines defined as the Basis for Unity.
- Collective marketing and promotional campaigns
- training programs in marketing, communications technology, & entrepreneurial skills
- listings in and access to a cultural & skills-based database
- access to computer center and resource library
- dialogue with purchasers, supporters or producers of local culture, and
- increased local and global visibility and recognition
Whenever possible, all marketing, training, or technical contracts will be linked with Sunshine Coast businesses and members of the Alliance.
What we cannot do alone, we can do together.
In finding commonality of purpose, the Coast Cultural Alliance hopes to provide services more effectively than many individuals and organizations working separately - such savings of energy and monies to be directed back to the artist, performer, or organization.
The Coast Cultural Alliance is a non-profit
society working to enhance the economy of the Sunshine
Coast through cultural tourism and the arts.
|THE PURPOSES OF THE
back to top
* For a copy of the Coast Cultural Alliance Constitution and Bylaws click here
- To enhance the arts and cultural
tourist economies of the Sunshine Coast.
- To project a single, strong voice
for local culture.
- To encourage communication and
cooperation within the Sunshine Coast's visual and
performing arts organizations and individuals, various
levels of government, funding bodies, businesses and
- To assist artists, performers, and
cultural workers to maximize their potential by offering
ongoing education in marketing, communications
technology, and entrepreneurial skills.
- To assist amateur to professional
groups and individuals with collective marketing,
promotion, and to provide resources for that assistance.
- To, whenever possible, utilize
Sunshine Coast businesses and members of the Alliance
for marketing, training or technical purposes.
- To acquire, hold and dispose of
any real or personal property in furtherance of the
purposes of the society.
- To apply for, raise and receive
grants, fees, gifts, legacies, devises and bequests and
to hold, administer, invest, expend or deal with same in
furtherance of the purposes of the Society.
- To do all such other acts and
things as are conducive to the attainment of the
purposes of the Society.
* For a copy of the Society Act Bylaws click here
2011-2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS|
Richard Austin 8000 Southwood Road, Halfmoon Bay, BC ~ 604.885.6510
Rick Harmer 5027 Bear Bay Road, Garden Bay, BC ~ 604.883.3678
Shelley Harrison Rae 5852 Skookumchuk Road, Sandy Hook, BC ~ 604.885.3572
Jan Jensen 10400 Wescan Road, Halfmoon Bay, BC ~ 604.885.3363
Bronia Kingsbury 1088 Largo Road, Roberts Creek, BC ~ 604.886.4535
Deanne Mineau 5328 Cedarview Place, Sechelt, BC ~ 604.885.6117
Linda Williams 4638 Sunshine Coast Hwy., Sechelt, BC ~ 604.740.5825
Nadine Wong 7610 Eureka Avenue, Halfmoon Bay, BC ~ 604.885.5979
Contact the Coast Cultural Alliance
by mail: 4638 Sunshine Coast Hwy. Sechelt BC V0N 3A2
by phone: 604.740.8288
(leave msg) fax: 604.740.5865
office (call first) 5511 Shorncliffe Ave. Sechelt BC
Back to the top